Funnel traffic towards your sales goals.
A microsite is a standalone, single page website (or a website with very few pages) that is created to highlight a specific product or service. Their intention is to focus the viewer’s attention on only that information in order to get them to make a purchase or fill out a form.
When to use a microsite:
- Launching a new product or service
- Promoting an events
- Targeting specific geographical locations
- Targeting specific demographics
The advantages of using microsites:
- Targeted content that only pertains to the subject at hand. No fluff, no banner ads, and no links to distract your visitor.
- It doesn’t compete with or have to find a home on your main website. Since the site lives on its own, the content can stand as its own sub-brand.
- Microsites are usually short-lived, giving you the flexibility to try out new strategies and ideas.